Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A New Leaf

Hello, this is my first blog post and as I'm sure it is common for many first timers, I have no idea what to write about. I suppose in this post I will just tell you the most basic things about myself. My name is Kendell and I am eighteen years young, which means I am currently enrolled in my first year of college at Western Technical College. Although I am doing this blog for a class called Written Communication I am planning on majoring in Graphic Design. I enjoy various things including art, photography, traveling, music and of course hanging out with friends.

I am an only child and although I am now very close with my parents, it wasn't always like that. Now I respect and appreciate them both very much. Now that I'm living on my own I have truly have seen how much they have done for me throughout the years and how much easier it was living at home. I miss it and the comfort of home but I feel very excited to live on my own. I live with two girls named Whitney and Amanda, one my co-worker the other my best friend. We moved in mid July and have had a number of ups and downs so far. I knew living on my own and with other people was going to be difficult but I guess I didn't really expect it to be this difficult, ha. I'm sure I'll be writing more about individual "adventures" as time goes on.

A huge part of my life includes my best friends, I have a group of friends that have been there for me from the very start. Their names are Amanda, Leah, and Lynnsey. I met them all through school and it must have been since about 7th or 8th grade that we have been best friends. We are all small town girls, coming from Holmen, and we wouldn't have it any other way. Of course there have been the fights, the boys that split us apart, and just growing apart but even to this day I can still call them my best friends. I can't imagine life without them and to be quite honest I don't think I'd like to even try.

Ha, this is our "traditional" pose, ever since seventh grade before a dance we have been taking this picture.

Traveling around the world is something that I'm striving to do. I was fortunate enough to get the chance to finally go to Florida last year which was amazing. I love going to towns and seeing the different people and different all around feeling of that particular spot. I want to see new things and challenge myself to new and exciting experiences. If I had the choice to go anywhere in the world right now, no questions asked, I would choose either London or Los Angeles. Of course it would be nice to have money at that point, I hope someday I will be able to have enough money and time to be able to do everything I want to do.

One of the most exciting things that has happened to me lately is starting college. A new leaf, a new life, a new beginning. For me, I'm extremely excited and am fully welcoming college with open arms, I've been done with high school since Freshmen year to be honest. It is technically the second week of classes and everything has been going very well so far. It's really nice to finally be able to take classes that actually apply to my interests and degree, of course there are going to be general classes that I will be taking also but I'm sure those will be very beneficial as well. My Graphic Design classes include Adobe Illustrator, Publication Design, Drawing and Design Fundamentals.



Well, this is a little about myself. Until next time.

Kendell

"Laugh when you can, apologize when you
should and let go of what you can't change."


No comments:

Post a Comment