Thursday, December 10, 2009

College Snow Day

My first college snow day was yesterday which was quite exciting. Although I really saw the difference between the different snow day years. As I spent the day shoveling and doing homework I remembered back to a simpler time. Elementary school snow days were spent outside playing in the snow and my mom making hot chocolate for me and my friends. Middle school snow days were spent trying to get out of the house and away from the parents, only wanting to hang out with my friends. High school was spent staying inside and cuddling up with a nice movie or going outside and driving dangerously in the snow. It's funny how the time changes things, or age I suppose. Either way, I have had enough snow. It's one thing to have to shovel my own sidewalk but also I found out that no one shovels or plows our alley so it was an adventure all in itself just to get out onto the street. Hm, what did I get myself into with this whole shoveling thing? Maybe next year I will be moving into an apartment rather than a duplex.

Speaking of snow and streets, some people really need to learn how to drive in the snow. I personally am just scared to drive not because of the dangerous road conditions but to all the people who do not know what they're doing. It's quite simple really.. just drive slow, don't make any sudden motions and don't over worry. Also, snow tires does a lot. My friend was extremely stuck in the snow because of the no snow tires. It really does wonders.

I cannot wait for Christmas! Family, friends, freedom will just be lovely. Plus I will be able to work more so I won't be feeling so crunched for money which is always a good feeling. I'm also very excited for my next semester classes, I hope they work out. I was planning on taking less credits for the upcoming semester but somehow it didn't really work like that. Hopefully I will be able to handle it.

Well, until next time,
Kendell

Change is never easy.
You fight to hold on.
You fight to let go.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more on the part where you said people need to learn how to drive in the snow! You are right though with your tid bits of advice! Aslo the shoveling does suck...I myself for the first time have to do all the shoveling....and it sucks!

    ReplyDelete